Wednesday, 20 June 2012

Wowo

12 years ago, I was lucky enough to marry the man of my dreams and so begun the adventure that is married life. Over the years there have been good times as well as pain and heartache but was becoming a family that has been one of the greatest pleasures. Once you have children, they truly do become the centre of your world and if they are happy, then life is wonderful.


As it was our anniversary and father's day at the weekend, we decided to something special and go camping at Waspbourne Manor Farm (Wowo) in East Sussex. Wowo is no ordinary campsite, it is the ideal for families. The site is large and split into three different camping fields as well as the fabulous tipi trail. If you have children, then this really is a location that offers everything a child could ever need out of a camping trip. For my two, the thing that makes a camping holiday, is the friends you make, in fact the only thing that Charlie doesn't like about camping is that you make friends and then never see them again.


Although the wheelbarrow and small hand pulled truck are meant for transporting items such as fire wood around the site, I'm pretty sure that they are used equally for rides, after all what child doesn't enjoy a quick push in a wheelbarrow.


There are rivers a plenty to swing over, cross via ropes, logs, branches and ultimately fall in. You may well want to pack more clothes and shoes, than you might imagine. Wellies are all very well but do become rather useless once filled with muddy water.


And for the mummies and daddies, there is an adventurous walk through the woods to The Sloop Inn for a pub lunch in a child friendly environment with a large garden for them to play with the other children brought by fellow campers. I enjoyed the walk but did find and reunite two lost children with their parents and need to reassure Josie that it was ok to walk through the area despite the warnings of private property and frequent fire arms use. It's probably far enough to require a small amount of carrying of little ones with tired legs and hungry bellies but once filled with food and the warm glow of a rare lunch time drink for the adults, the walk back is very pleasant. I particularly liked the foxgloves.






In addition to all this fabulous outdoorsiness, there's the barn with delights such as a piano and table tennis table. The game I had with my 5 year old after dark and way past bedtime, could only be loosely called table tennis as the ball hit the walls, super comfy sofas, the doors, the campers' fridges and freezers but rarely on the table. It was hilarious, as was the concertos composed by both children on the piano. There were even some adorable ducklings who slept in there at night.


The aspect that really makes a camping special where ever you go though, is the ability to have a camp fire. There is nothing better than spending the evening building and looking after a fire, toasting marshmallows and watching the hypnotic flames and glowing embers. Wowo has special fire pits for every plot with benches on each side. I couldn't ask for more than that especially when I've been married to the most wonderful man for 12 years and have two truly amazing children.


2 comments:

  1. Your family is just beautiful! I found your blog from a comment you left on Bleubird! I'm so glad I did.

    Kacie
    http://www.acollectionofpassions.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely comment. I do get so excited that people even read my blog! I'm off to visit yours

      Delete

Thank you very much for taking the time to make a comment, it really brightens my day and everyone loves getting a little bit of feedback. If you are viewing my blog through Facebook on an iPad, then you need to open my blog in Safari to comment....such a pain but I can't work out any other way to do it