Monday, 27 August 2012

What we did...Summer Holidays 2012 Day 37

I have loved every day of the summer holidays this year but my favourite thing was the Vintage Mobile Cinema at Ramsgate Summer Squall today. I was so excited about the Vintage Mobile Cinema which was originally commissioned by the Ministry of Technology in the 1960s. Just the idea of there being a Ministry of Technology is a delight to me, the whole thing is just so "Made in England" that I spent rather a long time researching the complete fabulous affair last night in preparation for our Bank Holiday adventure to Ramsgate.

 The children were quite taken with the red carpet treatment

I completely fell in love with the perspex, chrome and classic Bedford design. It really was so brilliant it deserves a post of its own.
There were benches adorned with knitted flowers
And comfortable pom poms.
Even a spot of crochet
Charlie made a junk shark with black polystyrene teeth
Josie made a junk robot
It was the perfect end to the holidays.





 I would love it if you could leave a comment. Please give it a go, I'm working on making it easier

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking the time to make a comment, it really brightens my day and everyone loves getting a little bit of feedback. If you are viewing my blog through Facebook on an iPad, then you need to open my blog in Safari to comment....such a pain but I can't work out any other way to do it