Saturday, 2 November 2013

Half term highlights - Dressing up

 

Where do you stand on the nature / nurture debate? Is it something we do as parents or is one of my children naturally designed to lose everything whilst the other has the innate gift of destruction? Why were sticks always wands for my daughter when she was little and for my son they have and always will be weapons? I was quite surprised after what seemed like a never ending journey through the land of pink where princess dresses, wellies, wings, tiaras and all the hair accessories in the house were normal daily attire, that Charlie didn't want to wear his Spider-Man pyjamas to the supermarket. He has never ever wanted to dress up whereas I had to introduce the notion of black shoes long before Josie's first day at school as I knew they would be "too dull - too boring - too black".

 

 

 

When Charlie showed me the zombie costume he wanted for Halloween, it didn't take long to establish that is was the camoflauge fabric he liked and that he wouldn't actually wear it. He was happy with me buying him a green coloured top printed with skulls and camoflauge welly socks, which worked out cheaper than the costume and he has worn every day since then (apart from when they are washed).


Josie's costume was also based on less purchasing and more using what we had or what she actually needed. She chose the Neil Gaimin character Coraline. The transformation required a fair amount of makeup to create the button eyes and me quickly whipping up a crocheted Coraline doll.
 

 

Not wanting to be left out on the make-up front, Charlie (who usually avoids face painting) decided he would like a half face zombie makeover. I wondered whether his decision was influenced by our journey on The Train of Terror or perhaps he is beginning to change his views on dressing up.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking the time to make a comment, it really brightens my day and everyone loves getting a little bit of feedback. If you are viewing my blog through Facebook on an iPad, then you need to open my blog in Safari to comment....such a pain but I can't work out any other way to do it