Monday, 1 December 2014

December 1st

I'm going a bit old skool on the whole Christmas Advent thing this year. Yes the children still have their trashy commercial chocolate a day at breakfast calendars but we also have a simple advent candle. It has caused much excitement as to who will be blowing it out on which day up until the 24th. Much as I'd like to fly off to see the Northern Lights in Lapland, we are keeping it simple and the Jesus set at the Cathedral will do us quite nicely, thank you very much.

And in the true spirit of a handmade homemade Christmas, Charlie, his little friend and I made popcorn string decorations after school today because it was far too gloomy and dark to play in the park.

 

It's super simple. You make some popcorn, you thread it onto some crochet thread or thin yarn and your done. Some of the popcorn might break in process but you can just eat, in fact the boys ate quite a lot broken or not. My favourite part though was when they both asked me if I was going to make popcorn strings with them and they were pleased when I did. It's nice to be wanted.

We did get a tiny bit fancy though and painted the finished strings with glitter glue. It is after all the season to sparkle and shine.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking the time to make a comment, it really brightens my day and everyone loves getting a little bit of feedback. If you are viewing my blog through Facebook on an iPad, then you need to open my blog in Safari to comment....such a pain but I can't work out any other way to do it