Thursday, 9 April 2015

Frogs required

I've had the most fantastic day, pottering around in the garden, digging and planting at the allotment, basically spending the whole day outside. It was so gloriously warm.


When we moved to No, 17, I brought my bucket pond with me and we still have one surviving fish, but the pond is little . And seeing as Sherlock and Charlie dug a massive hole in the lawn the other day, I thought it might be an idea to make a new pond.


It's going to take a while to settle. At the moment it looks rather like a muddy puddle, but I've planted up around the edge and Josie's done some decorating.


I particularly like her fishy sign, next to a broken bike bell, edged with glass stones.


It'll be a while until it's ready for fish so in the meantime we've borrowed Sherlock's plastic beach fish, but what I'd really like is for some frogs to move in. There really are plenty of slugs and snails for them to lunch on and I'm sure Sherlock would find them most entertaining. It's not so far fetched either because for the past two summers I've seen a frog hiding out in the greenhouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking the time to make a comment, it really brightens my day and everyone loves getting a little bit of feedback. If you are viewing my blog through Facebook on an iPad, then you need to open my blog in Safari to comment....such a pain but I can't work out any other way to do it