Friday, 31 December 2010

Goodbye 2010

I quite like looking back over the year, thinking about things that have happened, places visited and memories shared. I often think that is why I take so many photos. I love to look through them and feeling that bitter sweet sensation of remembering a past moment held forever in a snap shot. I think the most significant thing about 2010 is that I have learnt so much about how to live my life. If I find time each day for something I love, then I can't fail to be happy.

There have been so many things that I have loved about 2010, but I have tried to make a list of my top 10.

  1. Sharing so many wonderful times with my family and friends, they are what really makes life worthwhile and the times I look back on with happiness and forward to with excitement
  2. The holidays with my family to Wales,  Wellington Country Park, Butlins and camping trips in Kent
  3. There were two quite major milestones in 2010; my husband and I both turned 40 and celebrated 10 years of marriage
  4. There were also a number of crafting firsts; my first quilt, my first knitting and stitching exhibition at Ally Pally, my first blog and my first homemade Christmas
  5. The creation of the potting shed in the garden and the acquisition of our second allotment plot
  6. Growing vegetables and eating them all year round, including plenty for Christmas dinner
  7. The mushroom foray at Wildwood, I can not wait until mushroom season next year
  8. My bike...I love my bike. It is probably one of my most prized and used possession along with my sewing machine. My bike is at the top of the list for a makeover in the new year
  9. Dancing and running
  10. Realising that you can ask for help and people listen, you are never alone despite your perception

Leeks for Christmas Dinner

My potting shed in the snow

Homemade wrapping paper and tags

Wishing everyone a very happy and creative new year xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking the time to make a comment, it really brightens my day and everyone loves getting a little bit of feedback. If you are viewing my blog through Facebook on an iPad, then you need to open my blog in Safari to comment....such a pain but I can't work out any other way to do it