There is much debate about the ratio of fruit to sugar but today I decided to go with equal amounts, 4lbs of sugar with 4lbs of raspberries which looked like a massive amount.
And it seemed to take forever for the sugar to dissolve.
I do always tend to make rather a lot of mess when making jam so once I sterilized the jam jars in the oven at 100c for 15mins, I put them on the draining board to make the clearing up a little bit easily.
Jam is very sticky.
I managed to make 14 jars in all and I'm seriously thinking of selling some at the school Christmas fair, once I've made some fancy labels and possibly some crochet jam covers.
I would love it if you could leave a comment. Please give it a go, I'm working on making it easier