As if my knitting wasn't bad enough already, I decided to have a go at my own free style pattern and although creativity is fabulous, when making gloves, I feel that there does need to be a bit of consistency. I am not the type of person who can bear to wear odd gloves, irregular patterns are fine as long as the irregular patterns are the same on both gloves.
I had no doubt that I was likely to stray on to another project between gloves so made a few notes as I went. I was completely confident that I would forget which needles I used, number of stitches cast on and crazy deviation from an actual stitch that would manifest itself in my project. I veered away from the cheaters lace stitch pattern I found on the Internet after just two rows. (You can find the original pattern here)
I used 3.5mm needles
Cast on 32 stitches
K2, P2 to make a rib however long it happens to be ( I was hoping that I could measure this as I certainly did not count the rows)
Then I did a few rows of what I think is called stocking stitch, once again I was hoping that measuring would work
And next I did the fancy stitch - *P3tog, leaving all 3 sts on left needle. Purl first st on left needle again (still leaving all sts on left needle). P first two sts on left needle together. Slip all 3 sts off left needle.
K one row
P one row
And then repeat from *
It wasn't long until I realised what a complete disaster the gloves were as they were far too small and more the size of an iPhone cover which is what I turned the glove into. I added a lovely vintage brass button and am rather pleased with it.