Monday, 29 August 2011

Dahlias at the Secret Gardens of Sandwich

The August bank holiday does seem like the end of the summer, especially seeing as I am going back to work tomorrow. There may well be some sunny days left, but no more heatwaves. The days are getting shorter and in the evenings, there is a chill in the air. If it weren't for dahlias, I'm certain I would feel quite sad about the last sweet peas and some of the tomato plants looking a little worse for wear. The Secret Gardens of Sandwich are the perfect place to see dahlias and there is even a dahlia festival at the beginning of September. They are totally stunning and most definitely my August bank holiday favourite.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for taking the time to make a comment, it really brightens my day and everyone loves getting a little bit of feedback. If you are viewing my blog through Facebook on an iPad, then you need to open my blog in Safari to comment....such a pain but I can't work out any other way to do it